Friends, Bloggers and Innocent Passers By....Lend Me Your Eyes

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Recession....a time when the rich get richer and the not rich get.......not richer?

"Argghhhhhhhh, we're in a recession" is the cry on everyones lips.... or so it seems. Business's are going bankrupt, banks are failing, automotive industry is on its last legs, manufacturing saw the recession coming and fled to India & China years ago and houses are being repossessed everywhere. Every newspaper, magazine and tv channel is telling me things are going to be tough for the next year...maybe 2...maybe 3.
Well, newsflash people. I've been trying to survive a personal recession since 2001.

2001- the year when my father decided that 4 years of canteen studies probably wasn't going to lead me into the high paying, respected career that he had envisioned for me and told me that I had to get a job.

2001- the year when I told my father that I wasn't a child and wanted my Independance, before storming out to an estate agents and taking the first avaialbe flat that he showed me.

2001- the year when I tasted Independance for 3 days and felt sick. Why didn't anybody tell me that gas & electric was so expensive? Buying groceries isn't difficult but knowing how to cook helps make them more palatable. I used to see raw ingredients disappear into my mum's kitchen and 3 course meals come out. I left my groceries in the kitchen and popped in 15mins later to find the bag of groceries still lying there.....where was my dinner? Ahh...maybe it needs a bit longer................ after about 3 hours, I decided that I was obviously missing a key point. Ah well, I was still riding wave of Independance and decided to make use of my local chip shop.

2001- the year when my wave of Independance delivered me to my parents doorstep 3 days after I got on, slapped me up a bit, made me hand over my Pride & Self Respect and disappeared up the road, giggling......to be continued.

5 comments:

  1. I am waiting the continuation...

    I have followed to see where you lead me.

    Secrets of blogging are many and varied. Post often, post quality, always sign comments with your url as part of your signature. Visit other blogs (like mine) leave comments and get ideas.

    Good luck

    AV
    http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
    http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/
    http://thingsthatfizz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your style, your grasp of the craft makes it look so easy. I laughed and you made sense which is important to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your invitation in the Coffee Shop feature of Google Groups Help Group, and decided to visit. Funny stuff and easy to read. I particularly liked the title of your blog. Welcome and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your posts. Can't wait to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete